Pop the Cork Publishing
Last updated: October 31, 2023
Rest assured, that together with Santa Claus, we know all about you already: who is naughty and who is nice. As Santa tours around the world, reciting ’Twas the Night Before Christmas in so many languages, to please children of all ages, know that your data is being handled with care. Tuck yourself under your bedcovers, peacefully anticipating the arrival of the big holiday, where magic and merriment abound… knowing that Pop the Cork Publishing will never sell your Personal Data to anyone.
Occasionally, we may reach out to you with an email or two (you can always unsubscribe), and, yes, we’ll keep track of your subscription levels and such… and those technical things that one simply must do. You are safe and secure with us, all year long.
To Contact Us: Sally M. Veillette is the sole proprietor of Pop the Cork Publishing, and would love to hear from you. Reach out through our Contact page.
DETAILS & LEGALESE:
2. Information We Collect
- Name and Email Address: When you register as a user, we ask you for your name and your email address. We use it to communicate with you about the service. In addition, we may use this address to email you about products or services believed to be of interest to you (opt out links will be included at the end of any such communication). We may also collect your mailing address and zip code for billing purposes.
- Other Personal Data You Provide Directly: You may also provide us Personal Data when you use certain features of the App or Website such as participating in conversations or polls, contact us with inquiries, or respond to one of our surveys.
- Financial Information: We do not store any credit card information on our App or Website. Payments are made through Apple Pay and Google Pay, in the standard method you use to make in-app purchases.
- Information About Your Use of the Service: Our servers automatically record your visits to the App and Website. Like all other website and mobile app servers, ours compiles a log that records the date, time, browser (i.e., Firefox), device type (i.e., iPhone), operating system (i.e., Android), and originating IP address of each page you visit.
- Information About Your Location: From your IP address, we can tell generally where you are when you are accessing our services, such as which city. We can also infer from your choice of translated languages that you may have an affinity for certain cultures.
- Children: Pop the Cork Publishing does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Pop the Cork Publishing, please contact us and we will look to delete that information from our databases.
- Parental Responsibility: Parents or legal guardians are responsible for supervising and monitoring the activities of individuals under the age of 18 while using our Website or App. By allowing a minor to download the use the Website or App, you acknowledge and accept this responsibility.
- App, Website and Computer Server Interaction: Our mobile applications on iOS (Apple Store) and Android (Google Play Store) have to interact with our computer servers. We assign your device a token so that you do not have to log in every time you use the service via our mobile apps.
- Opting Out of Cookie Tracking: You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please see your browser’s privacy settings. However, some of our service features may not work properly without cookies. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. For more information about cookies visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. How We Use Your Information
- Provide and Improve the App and Website: We may use the information you provide to operate and maintain the App and Website, personalize your user experience, and improve our services.
- Personalize User Experience: When you choose the translated languages in the App or Website, your language package choice will be used to make those languages available to you, and to present you with the option of adding additional languages, as you desire.
- Understand User Use: Understand how you and other users are using our services.
- Third Party Use: ‘Third Party’ means a person or company who provide an integrated service, like Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal or Stripe, as well as government bodies and public agencies and authorities. Third Parties include our service providers whom we authorize, through a data processing agreement, to process your personal data or information to help us with: development, maintenance, and support of our websites and mobile applications, marketing and advertising, marketing research and analysis, communications, and customer service. We do not permit our Third Party service providers to use your personal data for any other purpose. We do not share Personal Data with any person or company unless we have an agreement with them that controls their use of the data.
- ‘Processing’ or ‘Process’: This means any operation or set of operations performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, including by automatic methods, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, adapting or altering, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing, transmitting, sharing or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, restricting, erasing or destroying.
- ‘Consent’ or ‘Agree’: This means your freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous expression of your wishes through a statement or other clear affirmative action such as checking a box which indicates your agreement to our processing of personal data relating to you.
- Agents, Consultants and Third Parties with Whom We Have Contracts: Pop the Cork Publishing, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include emailing information to you, maintaining our website, databases and mobile applications, processing payments, marketing and advertising, marketing research and analysis, and customer service. When we employ another company to perform a function of this type, we only provide them with the Personal Data and Information they need to perform their specific function and we do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform the tasks we have asked them to do for us or to comply with legal requirements.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) cooperate with a legal investigation or a request from a government authority, (iii) protect and defend the rights or property of Pop the Cork Publishing, (iv) protect the legal rights, safety, and security of users of our App and Website, (v) protect our legal rights and legitimate interests, and those of our business partners, service providers, and customers; (vi) prevent fraud; (vii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the App and Website or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated Data Shared: We disclose aggregated statistics, such as number of users, in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to our Third Party service providers for our legitimate interests and other lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- International Transfers: Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ.
If you are not comfortable with this type of sharing, don’t use our service.
5. Your Personal Data Rights
- Your Rights: You have rights regarding the Personal Data and Information we have about you. You may object to, or restrict, our collection, use, sharing, transfer and/or storage of your personal information. You may also request a copy of the information that we have about you through our Contact page. You may also ask us to correct or remove personal information you think is incorrect. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time.
- Security of Your Personal Data: We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data provided via the service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email, or other electronic transmission is ever 100% secure or error free, so we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will never be accessed, used, or disclosed, so you should take special care in deciding what information you share on the App and Website.
- “Phishing”: This is a scam designed to steal your Personal Data or Information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for information about you, please let us know through our Contact page.
- Data Retention: Please note, we will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for us to provide the service to you. We will also keep and use your personal data or information to comply with laws including tax laws and other applicable laws. We will also keep your Personal Data and Information as necessary for backup, archiving, audit, preventing fraud, resolving disputes, and troubleshooting problems.
Pop the Cork Publishing reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated notice and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our App or Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
8. Account Termination
You can delete your App account and all of its related information in the Profile menu on the home page. All information will be deleted from Pop the Cork Publishing’s servers.
9. Contact Us